Monday, May 9, 2011

What? It's MY day?

My first Mother's Day weekend came and went.  I must say, I really like the fact that there's a day for this new club that I'm a part of.  It's like this super secret no boys allowed club, and one day out of the year everyone knows it!  I'm in good company with all the Moms out there and those lucky mom-to-be who will soon experience this whirlwind of what I can only compare to the longest marathon ever! I can only say Thank you to my wonderful husband and Alex of course, who made this day extra special.  I'm sure Alex had more to do with it, directing her Papa with her little mind bullets!

My weekend started with Mark taking the middle of the night feedings and letting me sleep in on Sunday.  It was awesome.  I had forgotten what that much sleep was like.  Then I woke up to that darling excited face, so happy to see her Momma.  We had breakfast and then I got to open the gifts that Alex got me, although I think her Papa may have helped a tiny bit.  Alex first wrote me a wonderful letter about the top ten reasons why she loves her mom.  My favorites were #4 You're pretty, #5 You seems to like the gifts I give you in my diaper, Papa doesn't seem to like them like you do, he makes funny faces & #10 You show you love me every day and that makes me the happiest baby ever :)!  I got a notepad with a picture of the two of us, a great T-shirt, an Azalea tree, and a dinner date with just me and her papa, she's so giving!

The Shirt says "Moms, They're better than Dads" :)
Alex with the pretty Azalea tree next to us, and yes Rambo too
The best Mother's Day gift ever

After her nap, we decided to take a walk down at Riverside Park.  It was a bit cloudy, but still pretty nice out.  Alex really enjoyed looking at the river and the barges going down it.  There were lots of families around and it was to see so many people out enjoying the day.

Papa pointing out the barges to Alex
Out at Riverside Park
Tuckered after a long day of pampering Mommy
What I have learned in these few short months as a new mom?  Well, way to many things to write in one single blog, but I will pick a couple of my favorites.  I've learned that I can love something so much that it makes my heart ache.  That I live for those moments that she smiles and giggles at me.  And although there are times that I'm sad, frustrated, angry, exhausted, or depressed, I would do everything all over again for this little peanut.  That being a mom is the most rewarding, difficult and amazing job I will ever have, and even though there are times when I want to throw my hands up, all I have to do is cuddle with her and I feel content and that everything is right in the world.

2 comments:

  1. that shirt is hilarious (and true!) and how cute is your haircut?! yep, being a mama is the best job ever. hardest job ever, but still THE best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! I just got it cut. Also, I love the shirt :). There are just some things you need mom for right? I got a card from my parents that said mom is wow spelled upside down, isn't that so true!!

    ReplyDelete