Sunday, June 26, 2011

6 months already

Man, it's been a busy couple of weeks.  Obviously getting ready for Mark's graduation and the last week with the 3rd year residents, it seems like life was really busy these past couple of weeks.  Hence the hiatus in blogging, but now we're back.


I am shocked to say that my baby is 6 months old.  A half a year has flown by in what I can only describe as warp speed.  It seems like a just gave birth to her yesterday, but in that same note it feels like eons ago.  It's this weird dichotomy of time standing still and jumping weeks at a time.  In any case, it's here and I find myself a bit sad.  Alex is no longer my tiny little baby, sleeping in my arms, not able to do anything but eat, sleep and poop.  Now she does those things in greater abundance :) and much much more!

Playing in the back yard

Yes, mama, can I help you?

At her 6 month visit she was 15 lbs 3 oz and 26 1/2 inches long, which are in the 35% and 73% percentiles.  She's a tall lean peanut, which I'm a little shocked about since neither Mark nor I are in the upper registers of height.  We are both by definition, average or slightly under.  I'm assuming the height part comes from Mark's side, somewhere, dormant waiting to be released.  It's sure not from my side where my birth parents were 4'11" and 5'6".  It's very noticeable though from her carseat, which she's getting too long for, to her clothes, she has the longest torso ever! And although she's only 15 lbs, she's a little over double what she was when she was born and grown 7 inches in 6 months, which is crazy!!

Sooooo Big

Big smiles :)

I do miss that new baby smell, which is better than any scent ever, but there are so many things she does now which are almost as good.  She of course smiles, giggles, and babbles to her hearts content.  One smile from her and you're sunk.  Even those tough days when you want to bang your head against the wall, the second she looks and you and grins, it's over.  She's also started sleeping through the night (knock on wood).  The last 2 weeks a switch went off and she's now sleeping 11 - 12 hours at night, and it's AMAZING!  She gets up early most days, around 6:30, but I will so take it.  She's also doing so much better at napping.  She still takes 3 a day, although the 3rd is really a cat nap, but she takes 2 good naps a day, and life is good.
Rambo brought the biggest stick ever & expects Alex to play with him

Right now I feel overly blessed.  I really can't complain about anything, even the tough times we had and all of the growing pains.  I have a wonderful family, a healthy daughter, a loving husband, and we are just content in life right now.  I know things can change in an instant, but right now I'm reveling in 6 months of wonderful baby bliss and excited to see her grow in these next 6 months, although I'm sad with the thought of my baby getting even bigger :(.  Right now she's perfect, sitting on her own, starting "real food", and not too mobile.  She still cuddles, and likes to be rocked, so I'll take it, for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment