Sunday, August 14, 2011

All Good things must come to an end

Life has been wonderful these past 8 weeks.  When Mark graduated and decided to take 8 weeks off, I was excited but a little hesitant.  I was sure he'd get bored really quickly and then would be annoying.  I was nervous that I would get sick of him and want to kick him out the door to work :).  Alas, none of that happened and the last 2 months have truly been so much fun.

Alex & her papa, yes I hate that bib, but it was during a game at least

Besides our trip to Aruba, which was fantastic, we've just gotten to enjoy lots of family time, and I've gotten a parenting partner which has been AWESOME!  We took turns getting up with her in the morning, since she is her father and an early riser.  This co-parenting thing was a dream.  I could do dishes, laundry, take a shower, all while Alex and her papa played.  He could do his thing too and I feel like it was a equal share of duties.  It's amazing how much easier parenting is when there is two of you.  The extra set of hands, eyes, and just knowing you have help is so reassuring.

SO big, standing all by herself

But Alas, reality is about to come crashing down on my little dream world.  Mark starts his new job tomorrow, and so I do, which is kind of funny.  Thankfully, mine is only part time, but it's still time away from Alex every day which makes me a little sad.  Now it's early mornings with the baby and stay at home(ish) mom mode kicks in again.  The blissful existence of the past few weeks will be a distant memory, and sadly one that will probably never happen again.  I doubt there will every be another time where we both have 8 weeks off and can just do whatever we want.
Darn Childproofing, I can totally get this open (tried for a good 10 min)

Ugh, no I can't :)

I am so thankful for this time that we got to enjoy being a family without work, or anything else to get in our way.  Just enjoying each others company, and Alex getting to spend a lot of time with her dad which she normally wouldn't have gotten.  I'm sure it'll be a new adjustment period for her not only losing a lot of time with her papa, but now some time with me as well.  Transitioning to having other people look after her.  Once we get into a groove I think it'll all work out, but I think this initial period may have a few speed bumps which we'll have to muddle through.  All of this time together has been a blessing, but on to reality and life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment