Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween fun - waaay late :P

Alex was a trooper for her first Halloween.  We decided since she's only 10 months old, that taking her trick or treating would involve me lugging around a very squirmy baby that has no interest in candy...yet.  The kid hasn't had so much as a cookie yet, and I'm ok with that.  We had a few people ask us if they could give her candy.  I politely said no, as she only has 2 teeth fully in and is still a baby, well kind of.


When picking out her costume, of course Mark and I went back and forth.  It was quite funny, but we both knew in the end she's end up being some cute bug or furry animal.  Mark wanted her to be a ninja :).  When she's older that will probably be cute.  I didn't want the fully body costume for her, since she'd most likely try to take it off the entire time, and I also didn't want to spend a lot of money since let's face it, I thought she was only going to wear it for 5 min.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Once Upon a Child.  I have no idea why I don't shop there more.  Seriously.  We got her costume for $6.  It was warm enough to be outside, but no so constricting that she could still crawl around and be happy.
Happy little lady bug
 I was actually super surpised but she sat outside with me and a hour and a half handing out candy.  Impressive!  She was fascinated by people's costumes and when she wasn't trying to eat candy wrappers she was waving buh-bye (something she's just starting to do) and helping me hand out candy.  I had so much fun handing out candy with her, and between kids, she crawled on the lawn or played with leaves, oh leaves.

I love this picture so much :)

Next year will be interesting when she's older and walking and talking, I'm not sure how much trick or treating you do with an almost 2 year old.  Probably as much as she can handle :).  At least we can go to a few houses and she can help me pass out more candy.  She's now a seasoned pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment